Powered By Blogger

Friday, October 1, 2010

Yesterday

Whew! Kinda went off yesterday. I think we all need to release whatever may be inside of us. Eating us up. Wearing us out. If we don't, it explodes out at a time when it shouldn't on someone that doesn't deserve it. I realized that keeping those feelings inside to stew, marinate, and fester makes it sooooo much worse than just letting it out. Kinda like a fart. The longer you keep it in the more it hurts. Wow, Cass. You just used a fart similie, I can hear my brother saying.

Now I'm not one to wear my heart on my sleeve. In fact, vulnerability is something I try to avoid at all costs. Doing this, however, has worked against me. I guess I oppress myself and I don't let me feel my own emotions to the fullest extent. It's hard to go through all those emotions, but it feels like a kajillion pounds have been lifted off me. I feel freer. I feel like I can function, which is huge for me. It's easy to cripple myself with thoughts of not feeling good enough, of not being enough. But I deserve love and compassion. And so do you.

No comments:

Post a Comment